Please click below for more information about our services:
Kitchen Renovations Do Not Have to Be Too Painful
You are worried about renovating your kitchen: the dust, the contractors that do not show up, the chaos, the changing schedule, and the people wandering in and out of your home. Kitchen renovations do not have to be that way.
So how do you change your Kitchen renovation experience? There are a number of things you can do before you remodel to avoid Kitchen renovation chaos.
- Make sure when you first start thinking about your renovation project, you think about timing. Do you have school breaks you want to avoid? Do you want to be home or on vacation for the most dust producing part of the renovation?
- Be prepared for dirt and dust. No matter how careful your contractor is about clean up and sealing off the kitchen from the rest of the house, there will be dust. Change your HVAC filters as soon as your kitchen renovation is completed.
- Think about having a 3rd person manage your remodeling project. You probably do not have the experience or the time to be on site regularly or know the details of plumbing to effectively manage the project. Your contractor should be concentrating on accomplishing his duties and not worrying about what happened to the accent tile. You need one person everyone can call with questions, who can then answer those questions. Often in a renovation project, if your designer is experienced they can act as the project manager.
- During the kitchen renovation it’s a good opportunity to clean out your cabinets. Whether you are renovating your kitchen or bath, start packing up weeks before so you are not in a last-minute panic.
- Make sure to start your renovation preparation weeks before the project starts. Begin collecting coupons for restaurants or take out. Figure out how you are going to cook (or not) and wash up. The more preparation you do before you start your kitchen renovation project the more organized it will be.